Greets from MT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rayzir

Hi All. I've been reading the forums for the last couple of days. I can't wait to apply some of the great ideas you've come up with. I'm obscenely close to buying my first lathe. Naturally I want to turn some pens. Its killing me to wait. But until then, I figured I'd learn as much as I can so I can hit the ground running.

I'm also a scroll sawer. I run a community, blog & podcast about scrolling. So I'm always dabbling with different types of woodworking. Can't wait to start sharing with this community too.

That's all. Thanks for the great resource and friendly community. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rayzir

Thanks for the welcome. The blog/podcast is for scroll sawing. You can find it at www.scrollsawgoodies.com. I find a lot of scrollers are also wood turners. But then again, I figure if you're working with wood, you tend to dabble in different disciplines as well.

mtgrizzly52

Greetings Fellow Montana Resident!

I've been a member of the Forum for over a year and the information and experience of the members of this group is phenomenal as well as their willingness to help others learn.

I'm in the Flathead area, whereabouts do you hail from?

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

rayzir

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! Its nice to see an active community sharing info. Its been fun going through the old posts.

Greetings Fellow Montana Resident!

I've been a member of the Forum for over a year and the information and experience of the members of this group is phenomenal as well as their willingness to help others learn.

I'm in the Flathead area, whereabouts do you hail from?

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

I'm in Billings. Good to see a fellow montanan. ;)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Travis. Glad to have you here. This is a fun hobby and allows a little money (or a lot in some cases) to be made on the side and to let the creativity come out!

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Acronyms.pdf

Noah

Welcome from Texas...
I've got a scroll saw but it's not put to good use yet...
Too busy turning...
Ed

Old Lar

Welcome from SD! I just started turning a few months also and am addicted. Before that, I scroll sawed a lot of pictures. Never tried toys or anything cause the pieces never fit like the plan said they should. So far the pens are working out well. You will enjoy this forum.

Top Bottom