Greetings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

calpens

Hello from Temecula, CA. I have been prowling around this website for almost a year and have never introduced myself. I have been turning pens for about 7-8 months. I work outdoors and enjoy searching for found wood almost as much as I do turning pens. Below are a few pens I have turned, these are all made from small chunks of found wood.

Ron

1. Sierra- Live Oak w/ turquoise inlay 2. Sedona- Live Oak 3. Closed End Sedona- Coffeeberry

Attachments

• oak sierra.jpg
    oak sierra.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 121
  • oak copper sedona.jpg
    oak copper sedona.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 118
  • closed end sedona.jpg
    closed end sedona.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Welcome to the group Ron . Those are great looking pens , the closed end sedona is awesome . What is coffeeberry , that's a new one , looks great though .

calpens

Welcome to the group Ron . Those are great looking pens , the closed end sedona is awesome . What is coffeeberry , that's a new one , looks great though .

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. Coffeeberry is native to California. It's a shrub thats about 8' tall. Ron

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ron. Glad you are posting now!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish to pens to tools to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a good overview of pen turning. With the experience you have, you probably know about most of this already, but I did want to give you the link in case it can help in some way.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Top Bottom