greetings from the southwest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marc gardner

I live about 6 miles from the Colorado River in Lake Havasu City AZ. Just getting started in pen turning. A very enjoyable pass time.

I have bad knees which rules out biking, hiking, walking, running and all that mobile stuff. I did build my own table low enough to sit at and am now working on my third batch of kits. When I get it cleaned up enough, I will post pics.

I use mostly pennstate kits, but will be looking at other kits to.

I look forward to chatting with all of my collegues in the association.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Howdy from Texas, Marc. Sorry to hear about your knees. But it is ok, alot of us around here are built for comfort and not speed!:eek:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Marc. I have been to your town before and crossed the London Bridge! Had a good vacation in the area with my family.

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over some of the aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not a detail of each part, but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a recent post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Last edited:

artistwood

welcome from bloomington, indiana. you've reached a great site with loads of very knowledgable and friendly folks. if ya need anything, just ask.....have a good one....bear

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Marc,

I have the same setup as you - I have my lathe on an old dining room table that I sawed a foot or so off the legs. It has its advantages.

Welcome from sunny southern CA

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
And now that you've started turning pens, you might as well take your pictures any time. Cause it probably aint gonna be cleaned up any time soon. :)

Top Bottom