Greetings from Kokomo, Indiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lylesb

Good afternoon and thank you for the add. I'm retired active duty Air Force and currently work for the Air Force as a DoD civilian air traffic controller at Grissom AFB. I've been turning pens about 2 1/2 years on a harbor freight mini lathe and it has worked well for me so far. My plans for the near future are to start making kitless pens and upgrading my lathe to one with variable speed, maybe even a bit bigger to try my hand at some bowls (yet to be decided).

I look forward to chatting with you and learning from your experience.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

Congrats on being retired from the U.S. Air Force - I did over 21 years active. Enjoy your turnings - I can confirm that I do enjoy my work on the lathe and other wood working equipment.

howsitwork

Welcome Brian

remember you can always turn small,objects on a big lathe but the converse can be challenging ! So if you do go variable speed and bigger over estimate a bit as to what you need . Remember to stress to SWMBO the SAVING you made , not what it actually cost šŸ˜‰

Kind of like ladies do when they return from shoe shops šŸ¤£

randyrls

Welcome Brian! If you want to start on bowls, the best thing to do is contact a local AAW club. There is a list of clubs. Do you ever listen / watch vasaviation on YouTube? Recordings between aircraft and ATC. Interesting and amazing how people keep their composure in bad situations.

Alan East

The American American association of Woodturners had a chapter in Indiana until covid upset things. The chapter is now a part of the Central Indiana Woodworkers. You could get to them at Central Indiana Woodworkers. The meet in Marion county near Speedway I think but not sure

Top Bottom