Greetings from Houston, Tx.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pete275

Hello everyone, after being a casual observer i have finally signed up to the site. I've been turning pens for about a year and a half. To call it my hobby would only be a half truth as it is more like an obsession. Thanks to all who have been posting on the site I have learned a lot and know I will learn much more.

I'd like to ask everyone about respirator preferences. Just looking for opinions ie what's being used and so forth.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Welcome Wayne. I'd suggest your lung doctor is the one to discuss particle size with ....

Tom

renowb

Welcome Wayne from Spring, TX just north of Houston. . Yes definitely check with the Dr.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Wayne . . . or do you prefer "Pete?"

Here are a few links you might want to browse through if you haven't yet.

This link is - a PDF document on the acronyms used here on the IAP site. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.
http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Pete275

Thanks to all glad to be aboard, as far as name preference, Wayne is my given name, Pete is a family nickname. Although I prefer to be called Wayne either is fine. :)

Charles

Welcome aboard from Spring, Tx. Good to see another turner in Houston. There are a ton great people on this site and someone always has an answer for questions. Enjoy the addiction!!!

bitshird

Welcome to the IAP and as for a respirator use the best you can afford, most woods aren't really toxic, a few are but none are good to breathe the micro particulates, Look forward to seeing some of your work

Top Bottom