Greetings from CT!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mont

Greetings from CT!

I recently took a few woodworking classes, one of which was a one day woodturning class. That is the one that was the most fun for me. It was pretty much a crash course in turning a bowl using HSS tools.

So down the rabbit hole I went. Now, I am also a bit of a pen geek, with a fondess of fountain pens, inks, etc. When I realized that pen turning was a thing, I thought to myself, bingo!

Been researching for a number of months now. I purchased a Rikon 70-150vsr lathe a month ago, but it's on backorder unfortunately. Not necessarily a bad thing as it gives me time to slowly get everything else I need to get started.

Seems a good bunch of folks here so I figured to create an account and say hi. Hi! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC!

Since you haven't purchased all the accessories yet, take a look here to see what we wished we had not spent money on. Hopefully it will save you some.

Mont

Welcome from NC!

Since you haven't purchased all the accessories yet, take a look here to see what we wished we had not spent money on. Hopefully it will save you some.
I started reading that thread…. Wow, talk about eye opening and tons of food for thought there!

I admit that getting started is a bit daunting as a newcomer. Especially the notion that the lathe is just one fraction of what is needed that I'm slowly but surely realizing first hand. Not necessarily a bad thing mind you.

And, I can totally see the wisdom in leveraging the lathe for things like drilling blanks and such.

Going to finish reading through it for other useful first hand experiences… Thank you again for linking it!

Top Bottom