Greetings and Salutations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alucas

I recently searched for a wolf themed blank and a google search lead me to your forum. However i have turned a grand total of two pens, pics attached. I have a dew blanks put to be engraved and three more kits on the way with one fulfilling a sale. Thus far I have been using a friction polish finish but and completly open to new methods. i currently use fast steel knives but have a carbide pen genie on thr way. Ive been turning to bushings as i dont own a micrometer. I inherented my turning tools from a family friend and have jumped feet first into it. However i need to find a way to finance my hobby thus the questions about online sales. i have a delta non digital micro lathe, a set of knives, 220, 300, 400 sandpaper, micromesh set, thin ca glue, friction polish, and a barrel trimmer. with a handful of drill bits bushings and the nee knife comming this week. thus far i have turned two slimline kits with a faith pen, a.tactical assault rifle kit and carbon fiber blank, and a workshop sketch pencil kit commin this week.
Personally, im 44 an ordained christian minister and working as a full time production welder for a trailer company. i live in north central Kansas hhave a wife and two kits 18 and 16 (the wolf pen is a graduation present for the 18 yr old).

im here to learn communicate encourage and share. thanks for having me and the replies to my earlier post.

Andrew

Attachments

• 20210509_211938.jpg
    20210509_211938.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 74
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Welcome! You have certainly come to the right place to learn. I have never, ever met a more supportive group of people than on this forum. I am actually surprised I get to greet you first, as there are usually a long like of people saying hello and welcome.

I only have a couple of comments, for now. 1) Buy an inexpensive digital caliper. You can get one from Harbor Freight for $15. That should help rather than relying on the bushings, which will gradually change dimension as you sand near or on them. 2) Read as much on this site as you can. Look at the pictures. Look at the library - it's an amazing resource.

Best of luck!

Kevin

PS - your first two pens turned out very well!

Top Bottom