Great shop towels for trade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gr8macbeth

Hello everyone,

I have more of these towels than I can use, and I am hoping they may be of benefit to other. I am happy to trade for blanks, kit, supplies, or just about anything else that is related to pen making. I have about 500 of these towels right now, and get 40 or 50 more each week. They measure 14.5"x24", and are made from fabric that doesn't produce lint.

These are surgical processing towels. They are wrapped around trays of surgical instruments to help keep the instruments from tearing the sterile wrappings. These towels are not rated for use on patients, and are only used in processing, so they do not come in contact with human fluids. My company provides instrument sets to hospitals for orthopedic use. Any trays of instruments that don't get opened for the surgery come back to my office in their sterile wrapping when they are returned to us. If I don't keep them, they are mostly thrown away.

Attachments

• 98302C77-561F-48BD-AC4C-1DA68FE6D110.jpeg
    98302C77-561F-48BD-AC4C-1DA68FE6D110.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 274
  • B1DE5494-B57D-4FA4-A350-EC1D8E58481A.jpeg
    B1DE5494-B57D-4FA4-A350-EC1D8E58481A.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gr8macbeth

Is the material adsorbant? What do you use these towels for in your shop?

They are absorbent. I use them for everything you would use paper towels for. They are great for applying stain and blo. They are some of the best clean up rags I have found. They don't bleed even with lacquer thinner or acetone. My wife cut some in half, and uses them as general cleaning rags around the house too. I however won't use them when applying CA. I find the texture to be a little rough and doesn't leave a good smooth finish with CA.

Brotherdale

If you still have some I am interested. I used to get these from a friend. I know they are awesome towels.
I am going to send you a PM in case you dont see this.
I have a few kits I could trade and a good selection of blanks.

Top Bottom