Grandson asked about making a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

He was by the house yesterday and wants to make a pen for his girlfriend. Her favorite color is purple; looking at Woodcraft as there is a local store. Pen will probably be a Slimline kit. Looking to see what finishes are available. None of mine rang his chime.
Edit: It's been a while since he has turned a pen. My plan is let him make a simple Slimline pen for practice. If there is a hiccup, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

He was by the house yesterday and wants to make a pen for his girlfriend. Her favorite color is purple; looking at Woodcraft as there is a local store. Pen will probably be a Slimline kit. Looking to see what finishes are available. None of mine rang his chime.
Edit: It's been a while since he has turned a pen. My plan is let him make a simple Slimline pen for practice. If there is a hiccup, nothing gained, nothing lost.
I agree with Wolfcreek on pen choice. I'd recommend a purple Kirinite blank from PSI.

qquake

If you're going to buy it at Woodcraft, I like the Wall Street Elegant. They're pricey, but come in many different finishes. Much nicer and classier than a simple slimline. They also have several purple acrylic blanks, or there is always purpleheart wood.

Woodchipper

He is getting a pen and pencil set from Exotic Blanks. Found a blank that rang his chime. Thanks for the suggestions. Need to practice drilling as it blank is round instead of the usual 3/4 inch square I'm used to.
Isn't love wonderful! šŸ„°

Top Bottom