Graduation gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

I promised my daughter a pen and pencil set when she graduates college, which is coming rapidly. I would like to make something special in connection with our Irish heritage and her birthday is St. Patrick's day. Do not want to use platic, I really want to use wood but can't think of any wood with an Irish connection or a green wood (not green wood, but green wood, you know what I mean). Any suggestions from all you clever folks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Irish bog oak, without a doubt. Have Ken laser a shamrock on it and she will love you forever!

I have a few small blanks to spare if needed. Email me offline if you want to.

Daniel

Green dyed boxelder burl from B.B. there are some other green dyed woods as well. they are all in my experience very green.
I second the idea of Irish bog oak though. it's not green but it is beautiful stuff. far classier for a graduate.

mrcook4570

The Irish Bog Oak has a lot of history behind it - some was growing in the era of St Patrick. And some can be found in sizes big enough for a Jr Gent RB/FP/BP and pencil.

Johnathan

I have some Lignum Vitae with a great green color. All natural, that would be the way to go. You could always tint whatever wood you like. IBO is also a nice choice for the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom