Got a new toy today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

It's not for turning, but it's still fun. It's a 1911 model Kimber 45 ACP. I shot 200 rounds through it within a couple of hours of getting it home, even had the sherriff's department out here (he said I wasn't doing anything wrong, just wanted to make sure I was shooting in a safe direction, cause someone was concerned about that). I like this gun!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtparso

Nice!!! I just bought an XD45tac and think I am going to get an XD40 and a 9 drop in so I can aford to shoot it. That 45 ammo is high. 200 rounds $50-$100 an hour!!

alamocdc

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />
Originally posted by rtparso That 45 ammo is high. 200 rounds $50-$100 an hour!!

Not if you roll your own [;)]

True, true, true. Nice little toy, Dave. I've been wanting a competition 1911 for years, but just haven't been able to afford one. Lately, I've been thinking about buying a stock model and building it the way I want upgrade by upgrade.

Yarael

oh how I miss my H&K USP Tatical .45. Shot so nice but not quit as nice as the Colt King Cobra .357. Oddly a heck of a lot less kick than the 8lb 357.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by rtparso
<br />Nice!!! I just bought an XD45tac and think I am going to get an XD40 and a 9 drop in so I can aford to shoot it. That 45 ammo is high. 200 rounds $50-$100 an hour!!
Actually, I got a pretty good deal on the sportsman shop across the way from my house. They have 50 rounds for under $12, and gave me 25% off. I got 200 rounds for something like $37 or so.

PenWorks

There's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning [:D]
Congrats, good choice, I love my .45's I have a couple of Pardini's,

bca1313

Nice pick up on the gun. That is a great gun. My wife gave me my Glock 45 (model 21) for my wedding present. It is not as fancy as some of the ones you have, but it is fun to shoot and works great.

Rifleman1776

Never owned a center-fire semi-auto pistol for personal use. I'm a fan of the .44 mag. Redhawk, shot mine competitively for many years. Had to handload, the factory stuff costs more than Russian caviar.
BTW, that Kimber is reported to be a great gun. The Springfield Armory jobs get high grades also.

rgundersen

Okay so now I feel guilty with my guns sitting in the bag unused in so many months and a Dillon 650 still in its moving crate after 4 years...but some day the STI and me will show up at a USPSA match in the area....

-Robert

dubdrvrkev

^^ making feel a little guilty too. I have a EAA Witness P compact .45 that is just collecting dust. I really need to go run some rounds through it.

Randy_

I was just reading about the Kimber in the American Rifleman. They seem to think it is a very fine piece of iron!!

P.S. I am still partial to my Super Blackhawk!!

Woodnknots

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />You made a very good choice. Tell me more! Kim pro finish? Accessory rail? You need to get a ElPaso leather holster made for it. Can we go shooting sometime?[;)]
I got the custom II. I could't find a holster at any of my local gunshops (apparently .45 is a hot size for a holster, as they were all out), so I went to my local surplus, and found a shoulder and pancake holster. I also went thursday and applied for my Concealed permit. The sherrif's office was very helpful, and said it shouldn't be long at all till I get the permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom