Gorilla or Titebond PU glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Vey

Last week I asked if anyone has an opinion on the Titebond PU glue that costs about half of the Gorilla glue. I did some testing, and the results are in:
* Titebond does foam much more than the Gorilla glue
* Titebond sets much faster than Gorilla
* Titebond is more liquid than Gorilla and can much easier spread inside the blanks
* I did not find any problem during turning or finishing, no tubes came loose or so

Seems that Titebond is a winner, it actually starts curing right away. I was glueing up some 15 blanks and when I was at the 5, I saw that on the first one already the foam starts to built up. According to the bottle it is completely cured within several hours, so far I let the blanks sit for about 24 hours to be sure they are complete cured. Only question is how it keeps up after I opened the bottle.

Rudy

daledut

I have used both, and my findings differ slightly from yours. I find Gorilla glue easier to spread than Titebond. I also think it sets up a bit harder than Titebond. I say that because the excess foam is harder to remove that Titebond.

With that said, I have had no failure with either and $ for $ I will probably go back to Titebond after the Gorilla glue is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom