Good vibrations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dartman

OK guys this is what I need some questions answered for.I am going to start casting again and will be trying something new.I want to put thing s
in the mold.I dont have a pressure pot or a vacuum pot or chamber.After I pour the resin will it help to keep air bubbles from being in the casts
by using a slight vibration table?Oh and I am using pvc tubes as the molds.

robutacion

Slight vibration on the poured molds and while the resin still liquid it helps the resin to move around the object you are casting but not in excess otherwise you will create a bunch of bubbles that you don't want.

The success of casting without a pressure pot is limited or depending upon the resin type you will use and what you are embedding in the resin, anything with small holes, crevasses, etc., may not fill completely without a pressure pot.

Good luck,

Cheers
George

jttheclockman

OK guys this is what I need some questions answered for.I am going to start casting again and will be trying something new.I want to put thing s
in the mold.I dont have a pressure pot or a vacuum pot or chamber.After I pour the resin will it help to keep air bubbles from being in the casts
by using a slight vibration table?Oh and I am using pvc tubes as the molds.

You say you want to cast AGAIN refers to you have done this before. What did you do before?? Your success rate will be small without a pressure pot especially in PVC where you will not be able to see for one thing and now you want bubbles to travel up a long tube. What did you learn when you cast before Apply that here too. No guarantees that vibration will help but it can not hurt. Certain resins will do better than others.

Top Bottom