Golf by bicycle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RogerGarrett

RogerGarrett

I was given a membership to the local par 3 course just a mile up the road, and I realized that I could bike there if I just had a way to haul the clubs. We like to bike a lot, so buying a trailer seemed like a nice idea - problem was - no insert or add-ons to haul a set of clubs.

No problem - I just built an insert that installs in minutes and can be removed to use the trailer for other uses. Hope you like it!

20087119348_Bob%20yak%201%20rs.jpg

200871193429_BOB%20Yak%205%20rs.jpg

Believe it or not, you don't even notice the trailer when pulling (except if there is a wind or you are going up a hill!).

Go Blue!

Best,
Roger Garrett

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

That's pretty cool. When I saw the subject title of this thread I had visions of some sort of polo on bikes riding through the golf course whacking at the ball while you ride.

IPD_Mrs

Roger if it is a par 3 course, then why do you need all those clubs?[:0]

Nice looking setup. Eco friendly, health and you are not wasting gas. Koodos.

Mike

alphageek

Former Moderator
I had the same question as Mike. If I play par 3, its with 3 or 4 clubs total!

This is pretty cool though - I like the trailer and the clubs are a cool fit.

PaulDoug

How do you have time to golf, should be making pens! Nice job. With the price of gas, I got my old bike down from the attic. After riding a little I found the bike wasn't the only thing old! I want a recumbent. Better on the Hems...

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

Roger if it is a par 3 course, then why do you need all those clubs?[:0]
Nice looking setup. Eco friendly, health and you are not wasting gas. Koodos.
Mike

:D:D:D

I probably don't need the Fairway 5 metal/wood, but the rest all comes into play for me. Here's the breakdown of the course:

1st hole, par 3, 135 yards - water to the right. 7 iron for me.

2nd hole, par 3, 182 yards - water all along the right. Depends on the wind. When it's really howling, I can't get there with a driver! Usually I use a 3 ibrid and either get on the green or am right/short[xx(]

3rd hole, par 3, 152 yard - water all along the right. Easy 5 ibrid, unless wind - then a full blown 3 ibrid.

4th hole, par 3, 100 yards - 55 yards between tee and flag is water. Pitching wedge - unless wind - then a 9 iron. Once, in heavy winds I slammed an 8 iron a whopping 60 yards into the pond - ouch.

5th hole, par 4, 200 yards - deep prairie grass on both sides. I've made it there with my 3 iron, but I usually use an easy 3 metal/wood.

6th hole, par 4, 257 yards - over prairie grass straight at pin. I have to drive it.

7th hole, par 3, 102 yards - uphill, water to right. Plays long every time. 9 iron will get it in the middle.

8th hole, par 4, 327 yards - over prairie grass (left), water all along right, green/flag set into water on right (almost)[xx(] I hate this hole. Even if I don't slice it into the water, I sometimes overcompensate into the prairie grass. Either way, the second shot to the green is treacherous because of the water. A par is not a bad score on this hole.

9th hole, par 3, 137 yards - water in play all to the right. 7 iron unless windy - then it is an easy 6. I usually par or birdie this one. I have no idea why the water is rarely in play for me (to the right).

With a driver I only hit about 230-260, usually closer to the 230 length. My 3 metal/wood is 190-210, so I keep it handy.

Wind is a huge factor - so you are often hitting longer irons. I carry a lob wedge and a sand wedge on top of the pitching wedge. When you are in the long grass close to the green - you have to have your toys.....um, I mean, weapons of choice.

That's it - 14 clubs. Of course, my favorite club is the ball retriever - I haven't purchased a ball in over a year, and I play Pinnacles, Callaways, and Nike - all high end balls the rich guys lose in the grass or water!:D

Best,
Roger Garrett

Top Bottom