gold leaf bottle stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

Looks Great!

Hey Stephen,

Looks nice. Now I suspect we will be seeing you add some of the gold flake pr to a void in a bowl soon :)

lr

ngeb528

Very cool looking, Stephen.

I might have to try that myself. I have a back of multi-metal leaf in a bag (gold, silver and copper). It might look pretty neat in clear PR.

Nice job.

hughbie

nancy....it most certainly does...... i've cast the same thing, trimetal flakes in clear....you have to add a lot of leaf....just to keep the tube from being seen.....that's why i add just a little colorant, to help hide the tube......

good luck! i love doing the gold flake castings

Hayseedboy

Hey Hugh,

You gonna have any more of those blanks available? What are you asking for them?

They are waaaay kewl.

lr

massmans

I have four done now but could make more. These four have been drilled at 23/63. I also use a forstner bit to flatten the blank so there isn't irregularity when mated to the stopper. Then while the blank is still in the centering vise I take it to another drill press and drill the 23/64 hole. That way they sit flush with the stopper. I use Ruth Niles stopper if you couldn't tell. I follow this method on all irregular blanks (wood and resin).

I would sale them for $5 each and then shipping would be extra. I have other colors also available at $4 and if enough interest I can make a separate posting in the SW MO chapter.

I will only sale these to the SW MO chapter since the whole IAP could be quite time consuming.

Let me know if you want some.

Steve

Hey Hugh,

You gonna have any more of those blanks available? What are you asking for them?

They are waaaay kewl.

lr

Last edited:

Hayseedboy

Hey Stephen,

I haven't done bottle stoppers yet, I was asking Hughbie if he had pen blanks available like he poured at the meeting.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse the two.

lr

Top Bottom