Go Live Plan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK dedicated planners, we're closing in on zero hour!

I'm planning to move the bash forum into public view on Friday evening. I'll be putting links on the front page at the same time. I'll also be putting the donation drawing thread in the discussion forum, and creating a forum for the auction activity.

Question: Everybody ready? I see a few of the contest forums without any content yet. Anything I can do to help in any area?

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'll PM the chairmen of the contests that have not had anything posted. We still need the Almost Daily Puzzler thread unless Curtis has changed his mind about that one.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will still be doing the Landon Smith Almost Daily Puzzler contest but just like last year, it will be an informal contest on my schedule. In other words, there is no schedule and I don't see a need for a thread announcing the contest. If you see a need, then I will post a thread saying we are having one.

mbroberg

I will still be doing the Landon Smith Almost Daily Puzzler contest but just like last year, it will be an informal contest on my schedule. In other words, there is no schedule and I don't see a need for a thread announcing the contest. If you see a need, then I will post a thread saying we are having one.

OK. I guess we all know what the "Almost" stands for but maybe the members don't. Just want to make sure you have a place to post your puzzles.

Jeff and I had a discussion about contest naming, sponsors, etc a shot time ago. Please word it as the Almost Daily Puzzler: In Memory of Landon Smith instead of the Landon Smith Daily Puzzler. Call or PM if you need further explanation.
Thanks

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
So then I guess I need to change the forms for the Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest to the Modified Slimline Contest in memory of Russ Fairfield?

mbroberg

No, don't change what you have already done unless you want to. That contest (Fairfield) has already been announced as titled. Next year it will be in the "....in memory of..." format.

The Puzzler, on the other hand doesn't yet have it's own contest forum, form, etc. and it was announced HERE in the format we decided on.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Jeff,

I haven't created the menu or table to show the Articles yet. I thought about placing the PDF out there that I sent you.

I haven't had time to get back to it. Poll has been created though.

Should I just create a link to the Whats New Page?
This could screw up the polling though.

Suggestions Please,
Wayne

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,

I haven't created the menu or table to show the Articles yet. I thought about placing the PDF out there that I sent you.

I haven't had time to get back to it. Poll has been created though.

Should I just create a link to the Whats New Page?
This could screw up the polling though.

Suggestions Please,
Wayne

Wayne,

I've found that the more effort someone has to go through to decide how to vote, the fewer votes you'll get. They might be "higher quality" votes, though.

Is your contest supposed to start on 2/1? Certainly it could be delayed.

Once the bash gets rolling, I could create the table of thumbnails and links for you.

Then again, the PDF might be a fine choice.

Modified and freestyle are uploaded. The link to the entry form is working just don't know how to make it just say the name of the contest. Jeff if you could take care of that I would be grateful.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Antler bone and horn worked perfectly. Received both emails.
Can someone now edit my post to insert a link in this line - ONLY ENTRIES SUBMITTED VIA THE ENTRY LINK HERE WILL BE ELIGIBLE. - to the submission form?
Also, does anyone see any problems/ inconsistencies in the post?

mbroberg

Can someone now edit my post to insert a link in this line - ONLY ENTRIES SUBMITTED VIA THE ENTRY LINK HERE WILL BE ELIGIBLE. - to the submission form?

I took care of this too.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

I took care of this too.
Thank you. Now I guess I should go update the calender. :rolleyes:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Modified and freestyle are uploaded. The link to the entry form is working just don't know how to make it just say the name of the contest. Jeff if you could take care of that I would be grateful.

Looks like MB took care of this. Just for reference, the code looks like this:

[URL="http://iapbash.org/bash9/index.php/the-freestyle-pen-contest"]Modified Pen Kit Contest Entry Form[/URL]

I bet you wonder how I put that code in this post without it formatting the link! :biggrin:

If you wrap any BB code with noparse and /noparse tags (enclosed in square brackets of course) it will show the code as written and not format it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone. The Bash forums will disappear for a while while I get some links and such set.

They'll reappear as a category (main section of the forum) later.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone, the Bash forum is up and links are on the front page.

I am not finished building the "thanks box" on the front page, but I will wrap it up tomorrow.

Please exercise all the links and let me know if something is broken or if you have suggestions.

THANKS!

Top Bottom