Glueing Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc

I'm wondering if everyone glues the clips on, mainly the slimlines. I've had a few come back where the clip was lose. I started gluing them about a year ago and none have come back. Does anyone glue any other parts? I've worked the last day or two on pen blanks and have posted photos of what might last me the summer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

That's a LOT of pen blanks. I found it fascinating that you drawout the cut lines. Somehow I thought there was a spacing jig used.

As to your question regarding gluing pen parts...the only time I glue parts is when the finial fits too loose so there's a danger of it coming off and the clip with it. I don't mind the clip being able to turn as it is less likely to break that way.

My two cents!!

Daniel

Jim,
I don't make it a practice to glue the clip but if the pen comes back I will. I have noticed there can be a wide variation in how tight the end cap presses in. slimlines are the only pen I have had this problem with.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Although I have not tried it, I read a post, I think on the Yahoo group, where someone used Locktite before pressing parts together. If that works, sounds better than gluing parts together with CA.

William

Scott

Hi All!

I switched to blue Loctite over a year ago, and it works great! It's easy to apply, and cleans up well. I went on Ebay and got a whole bunch of it - enough to last for years. I recommend it!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom