Glue Boost problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dpstudios

So far I've used Glue Boost as a finish on about 10 pens and razor handles.Everything has gone great. Really good product. But yesterday I ran into a problem. I turned a razor handle out of Zircote,sanded to 1500 and applied a coat of Glue Boost thin . It turned completely white. ARRRGGGHHHH!! sanded off and ended up using 4 coats of Pen Plus. My thought is that the oils in the Zircote reacted with the GB . Any other ideas as to what could have caused this would be welcome. Thanks for listening to my gripe.☺

1shootist

I've never used Gluboost but have thought about buying a bottle when the StickFast I presently use runs empty , I would like to tag along for this.

leehljp

Member Liaison
"White" can appear in two ways: from up under and from on the outer layer. Oh and a third when sanding - causing white sanding dust.
• Up under - the wood is not dry, still green; moisture comes in contact with the CA from up under as it reacts and cures;
• On top - this usually occurs in high humidity (which you have in N.O.) but usually in cooler temps such as low 60°s and below. Looks like Frost on the outside. That can usually be sanded off.

Top Bottom