Gloat mode on: Jet 1642-EVS-2....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sominus

I recently picked up a Jet 1642-EVS-2 for the princely sum of $200, and the guy didn't even kiss me first or pull my hair as he took my money!

There I was, putting something in my storage unit when the manager notices a couple of odd-looking tools in my collection. After asking me about a vise that I'm moving, he asked if I needed a lathe. Not having one, I said "sure!". Two units down from mine, in decent (but disassembled) condition, he pulls out the aforementioned Jet and says that for $200, I can take her home.

the cash leapt forth from my pocket before I even noticed the lightness in my pocket....

Attachments

• 9BF3C1FE-83DC-4DE1-B24F-FBE1EA8448DF.jpeg
    9BF3C1FE-83DC-4DE1-B24F-FBE1EA8448DF.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 362
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

You can not post things like this here EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people have all the luck. I was just kidding and jealous. Nice find. Right place right time. Well ahead of the game now so keep it going.:)

PBorowick

I think if you combine the Minn Kota with the lathe you could have great VS control!
Imagine a throttle control from 20 rpm to 4,500 rpm with the twist of a wrist!!

I would be exciting for sure.

Nice find!

That's my bowl lathe and I REALLY like it! Hope you get to use the 16" swing. A little intimidating the first time you turn a 50# + green oak bowl but it's wonderful.

ecrouse

Oh dear, those ways are completely rusted, the whole thing is just ruined. Fortunately you're just down the road from me so I can help you get it to the dump on my trailer...

Top Bottom