Getting back to pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BobRad

I'm an on and off woodworker. My main profession is computer software development, but the market sucks right now.

At times in the past, I've done woodworking/cabinetmaking as a paid side line hobby business - started doing it to make money to buy more tools. That eventually led to another side line business making signage (combining computer graphics with custom installations)

A couple of years ago, I managed to badly break my ankle at the same time my cellar had to be dug up for sewer repair. That kind of put my workshop into totall disarray and out of commission for a long time. On top of that my wife decided the garage would be better used as a family room rather than wood storage - that means I'm out of business as far as making anything large.

So I thought I'd get back to making pens, I dabbled at making some around 3 years ago, but just as gifts. This time I want to be more serious about it and try to actually sell them

I've just spent the week going through what I have in the way of parts, woods and odds and ends, replaced a rusted out mandrel and got some more drill bits and bushings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom