Gauge set up on new pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txcwboy

Getting my can ready to cast. I took the pickup tube out.Came out very easy. I had heard it was tough to get out. Will this work ? The OEM gauge on to of the release valve and adapting the old pickup tube to the quick connect ?

thanks

Dave
connect.jpg

guage.jpg

txcwboy

looks like thats how others did it:D MY BAD ! couldnt see in the pics I had.
Any tips for making a self to go inside pot ?

Dave

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I would suggest a cutoff valve on your quick connect. Otherwise you have to keep it connected to your compressor. Not a big deal unless your seal decides to give out in the middle of the night and it causes your compressor to runn all night long and practically burn it up. DAMHIKT!

I think you were asking about a shelf instead of a self? If so, download and read my tutorial on my "Worthless Wood Blanks"â"¢ casting technique. I have a picture of mine in there. If you have a hard time getting it, let me know and I will post the pic here.

mwenman

I would get rid of the relief valve that you have the gauge connected to.Unless yours is really solid, you will probably find that it leaks and you will lose substantial pressure over time. And as suggested, between the lid ad the quick connect fitting, put a valve inline so once you achieve the pressure, you can close it and disconnect the compressor.

As for shelfs.. I cut 3 9" dia 1/2" ply disks. drilled approx a 1" finger hole near the edges in each then dropped 1 down into the bottom of the pot. on the other 2, I cut and attached 4 legs that are approx 2-1/2" long. This basically gives me 2 shelves and a top piece that will difuse the incoming air out toward the sides instead of going straight down into the mold.

Top Bottom