Game call questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Armacielli

Armacielli

I'm wanting to make some game calls, but I dont understand everything I need so I'll list what I think I know and you guys can fill in the holes.

Mandrel
expansion bushings
kit consisting of reed, brass tubes, and I don't know what else
I've seen different reeds for sale but I don't know if these are just spare parts or if call kits are universal and reed types can be switched around to change the call type

Please fill in or explain what I'm missing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Just go to the HUT site: http://hutproducts.com/
They have everything you need and will help if you ask. I have had excellent service from them. Must point out that recently several folks here have said they received poor service. That is completely opposite my experience with them. There are other sources of call parts but HUT is the place to start. If you want more info on other sources, ask again or e-mail me. BTW, brass tubes aren't needed. These are not constructed like pens. (now, I predict, someone is going to zing me by bringing up some call kit that does require brass tubes. that's the way it goes, especially on this forum. [}:)] )

MDWine

nwcatman

nwcatman

i almost NEVER agree w/frank (i'm sure he will lose sleep over it tonight) but he's right about HUT. always had good service from them.

Parker

THO definately has a lot of information on the forum, and in their tutorials. That book mentioned above is also a must-have IMO.

Parker

Parker

Originally posted by nwcatman

Originally posted by MDWine

didn't you ask this question once before?

This book is well worth your time and money...
http://www.amazon.com/Turning-Custo...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210687881&sr=8-1

Other than that, search the web, there are lots of sites/forums that will show you the way.
CCO is a good one, but I find THO is very good, the folks there are not as "sensitive" as some on CCO!

Try http://www.thogamecalls.com/forums/
forgive my ignorance, but whats THO?

THO is THO Game Calls. Al Woodard is the artist that makes some AWESOME predator calls.

Parker

armyturner

Christian,

I have all of my call parts and kits packed up in preparation for a move, but I would also recommend giving Al over at THO a ring. I have ordered from him several times. He provides great customer service and good prices on his call kits. If you just plan on making a few calls and are going to turn them on pen mandrels, get the accessories for mandrel (call turning kit) from HUT.

Top Bottom