Fund raising gift basket

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Holzchief

Holzchief

We made these for a basket that was auctioned at an event to help a local family with medical bills.
Two PSI Groove pens, one in silver, one gun metal. A combination bottle opener/tab lifter, and last, a cast acrylic heart shaped bottle stopper. The stopper, bottle opener and lifter are all Ruth Niles hardware. The red and blue colors are in recognition of congenital heart disease. They were packaged in a basket with goodies like cheese, crackers, sparkling cider, glasses, and a picnic blanket.
20200821_100026.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Holzchief

Looks good. How are you cutting the heart and polishing it??
Started out trying to figure out how to turn something and grind it to a flattened shape. Then wondered47187.jpeg about a mold and my wife found these mini cake molds.
After curing we used a spindle sander to take the "draft" off of the sides and flatten the edges around the top. After that it was just hand sanding and micro mesh.
Machine a small flat on the bottom to seat the stopper on, then sanded the profile to blend into it.

walshjp17

Excellent work and great opportunity for supporting your community. I really like the double ended bottle opener/tab lifter - would make a great gift for bartenders and restaurant servers.

jttheclockman

Started out trying to figure out how to turn something and grind it to a flattened shape. Then wonderedView attachment 245168 about a mold and my wife found these mini cake molds.
After curing we used a spindle sander to take the "draft" off of the sides and flatten the edges around the top. After that it was just hand sanding and micro mesh.
Machine a small flat on the bottom to seat the stopper on, then sanded the profile to blend into it.
Very cool idea. Probably a whole lot of other shapes from that category of molds too. Thanks for the explanation.

Top Bottom