Fun little Scrunchie project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

This morning my wife asked me if I could cut a piece of wood for her, holding her fingers in about a 4-inch square shape and screw a dowel into it. Here's what I came up with.

The base is about 3.5 inches in diameter and the spindle is 6-inches tall and about 1-inch in diameter. I made the base out of a cheese slicer cutoff that is segmented with hickory, padauk, and walnut. The spindle was a 1.5 inch by 12-inch blank I bought out of the "by the pound" bin at WoodCraft. It looks like some kind of rosewood, patagonia maybe? I used Pens Plus for the finish and attached the spindle with a wooden dowel.

She was very pleased considering her expectation was for a piece of pine 1x4 and a 3/4-inch poplar dowel. Of course, my oldest daughter wants one now too. I have the other half of the rosewood spindle blank already so I just need to find an interesting piece of wood to make the base out of.

Dave

Click on thumbnails to zoom-in
IMG_4140 Cropped.jpg IMG_4141 Cropped.jpg IMG_4139 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

showcaser

Greetings from Nebraska.

This morning my wife asked me if I could cut a piece of wood for her, holding her fingers in about a 4-inch square shape and screw a dowel into it. Here's what I came up with.

The base is about 3.5 inches in diameter and the spindle is 6-inches tall and about 1-inch in diameter. I made the base out of a cheese slicer cutoff that is segmented with hickory, padauk, and walnut. The spindle was a 1.5 inch by 12-inch blank I bought out of the "by the pound" bin at WoodCraft. It looks like some kind of rosewood, patagonia maybe? I used Pens Plus for the finish and attached the spindle with a wooden dowel.

She was very pleased considering her expectation was for a piece of pine 1x4 and a 3/4-inch poplar dowel. Of course, my oldest daughter wants one now too. I have the other half of the rosewood spindle blank already so I just need to find an interesting piece of wood to make the base out of.

Dave

Click on thumbnails to zoom-in
View attachment 366667 View attachment 366668 View attachment 366666
Also known as cat toys in our house. Clemens will snatch one right off of my lovely wife's head!

Top Bottom