Full Size Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Been awhile since I did a full size majestic rollerball and could not find my instruction sheet so I downloaded the instructions from PSI and noticed on the instruction sheet it said the drill bits are 15/32" and 37/64" But if you look up the kit and it explains the specs it says 15/32" and 33/64" Which is correct?? I could use calipers but thought someone would know. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Better not depend on me, but ..... my data says that 37/64" is the correct drill size .... that translates to 0.578" and the tube size is 0.571" according to the data on IAP here ...... those 2 numbers would seem to be consistent.

Last edited:

magpens

That is what I am thinking but here is why I asked.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMAJFREE.html

There is a faulty statement of drill size in the kit "Description" table on the first page of that link, John. .

But if you look at the associated actual instruction sheet, referenced from that same link which you gave, it is correct with 37/64" as the drill size.

In addition, looking at the diameter information on the bushing diagram (also on the instruction sheet) there can be no doubt 37/64" = 0.578" is the correct drill size.

This is a rare example of an error of that nature for PSI.

Last edited:

studioseven

I'm at work right now otherwise I could measure what I have. But I did look up PSI's spec sheet. It does say 15/32" and 33/64" drill bits. But it says 15/32" and 37/64" bushings are required. Also spare tubes are 15/32" and 37/64". I believe the 33/64 is a typo.

Seven

jttheclockman

Thanks everyone. That is what I thought too. I have those drill bits. I did not have the other. I knew I made these kits before but could not remember.

sorcerertd

Well crap. I'm glad I saw this before I drilled anything. I just bought my first full size Majestic kit. Haven't done anything with it yet, but I just went to the shop and measured that tube. It is definitely 37/64. I swear I ordered the drill bit they said was required with the kit, which was 33/64. Looking at their site, if they did make a mistake, it has since been corrected. Could just as easily have been my mistake. Wouldn't be the first time. Too bad they stopped including the drill bits in their starter sets. Off to find a bit then...

jttheclockman

Well there you go folks. Just shows you that there is people who work for PSI that follow this site so when you talk about them they hear you. I know for fact they are not the only ones. You don't think this site carries weight in the pen world?? Well you would be wrong. That error has been corrected.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMAJTP.html

Top Bottom