Front Page Format

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm tinkering with the front page. Any thoughts on what should be there? I've just changed the layout to show "recent threads" and "latest posts" Which would be more useful?

Other thoughts on the front page layout most welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I prefer Recent threads. For a little while it was "recent activity" (I think), I didn't like that

Dehn0045

Actually it would be nice if there were more threads listed (currently there are 8 when I view on my desktop), I could go for about 20. If this configurable by user?

thewishman

I think a big ad in the middle with multiple video pop-up advertisements around the outside would be a great money maker for the forum. Each of the pop-ups should have volume set on HIGH to enhance the experience.

How I have missed the strike-through font!!!!!!

MRDucks2

Like the 12 over the 8 and also like the Recent Threads with Latest Posts below. Now I feel like I can tell what's new and what's not.:)

jttheclockman

Jeff I like the new Front page setup the best. It has a lot of the old site feel to it:)

Also I am now able to come to the site and signed in. I do not have to sign in every time. Not sure if this is what did it but I did not click on the box that says stay signed in. I just hit sign in. Whatever it works now.

What is this thing Reaction Score???

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Instead of random photos, you may want to make this a "best of" photos and use only the photos you have used in the past on the front page.
I would assume you can link this to the "front page" album, which would make this an easy transition.

But then, I have been wrong often on my assumptions about software!!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of random photos, you may want to make this a "best of" photos and use only the photos you have used in the past on the front page.
I would assume you can link this to the "front page" album, which would make this an easy transition.

But then, I have been wrong often on my assumptions about software!!!
Good suggestion! I'll put that on the list.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
I'd like to see a Library link on the front page.

Also, items listed in library shown are very old. Appears to have lost newest ones.

It is not showing the latest tutorials. Ex. Bushings and Tubes link is not current.

Top Bottom