Found this interesting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I was looking around at pics of Wenge pens and came across this. It's one of the most interesting things I've seen in a good while. Thought I'd share it.
Found here.
AyanaMechanicalPencil5.6mmWenge-WRITINGINSTRUMENT_1181x661.gif

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Different concept and design. These are the things we look for here. People coming up with innovative ideas to the basic pen. Weather it is a kitless pen or something unusual in casting or doing some segmenting that is totally different. That is what will drive this site. It is those not always seen ideas that jump start me for sure. Love to see more and more of this and with so many new members joining every day you hope they share that enthusiasm and drive and maybe bring in that new concept.

magpens

Very interesting, yes !!

But the question is begged ...... Did it evolve from a " blowout " ?

I suppose the answer is "Who cares ?" ..... but that's not an answer ..... it's another question !!

It probably was not a blowout because the advertisement text says that is was fully handmade (whatever that means !!).
And also, it says ..... "The two woods are glued together and sculpted exclusively with the hand." . I'll accept !!

Last edited:

sorcerertd

If the darn thing would stop turning , it would be easier to visualize how it would fit and feel in the hand . Not even sure if intended for right hand or left hand .

Sorry. If you follow the link, there are still pictures of it, too. Thought this one would show the different angles pretty well.

Haha, even if it was purposely made this way, a blowout might have inspired the idea. Some of the most interesting ideas seem to come from a plan B

Reza

Very interesting, yes !!

I suppose the answer is "Who cares ?" ..... but that's not an answer ..... it's another question !!

It probably was not a blowout because the advertisement text says that is was fully handmade (whatever that means !!).
And also, it says ..... "The two woods are glued together and sculpted exclusively with the hand." . I'll accept !!
Hello magpens,
The work should be by hand tools, fully handmade means not using lathe machine and using only hand tools different kind of chisel and rasps and then hand sanding, the important is no body has done this, I think most of pen turner think about choosing nice ready mechanism and chose the pen blank regarding to their taste and then you know what is going to be the result, all pencils are the same just different materials, but the designer of this pencil has a lot confidence and venture to do some thing nobody has done that before and take a writing instruments to another level. I believe this is not a just simple pencil as many as usual, this is new vision and concept and idea and looking in different angle freely to our life without fear of conclusions and judgments, this pencils is about the relation of time and joy of the creator with a piece of wood, in our life there are many things that people are looking for it and they enjoy just to looking at it or maybe having it, with creativity we are happy and enjoy.

Top Bottom