Wanted Forged Carbon?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Nugent

Has anyone seen this material available in pen blanks? I ran across a pen made from this material at my ink vendor's website. Liked the look, but hated the $800+ pricetag. Any thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

I've bought LED lights for the garage and shop and a VFD (variable frequency drive) through Alibaba without any issues other than confirming with the credit card company that they were legitimate purchases. For what it is worth there are lots of companies local to you that buy their stuff through Alibaba and resell to you. At a profit. ;)

Lucky2

I have found some vendors who might have it thick enough (3/4") to use, but I don't want to sign up for AliBaba.
Jim, signing up for Alibaba is not bad, I did a couple of years ago and have had no issues with them. I only use them when I want something, and I only get an e mail from them about every three months or so. They are fast on shipping, I can get a package from them quicker then I can from the U.S. And I've never been charged duty on anything that's been ordered from them, but I often am on orders from the U.S. though.... There's some people who won't sign up to Alibaba, because they're a Chinese company. That makes little to no difference to me, I can order from China or I can order from the U.S. Both are foreign countries, but the U.S. is our neighbor. That makes a bit of difference, but not all the difference. If you can stand to wait, sometimes, Alibaba is the best way to go. The only issue with ordering from them, is if there's a warranty issue. I've never had one on anything I've ordered, so I don't know how that would be looked after.

Len

Jim Nugent

I appreciate the comments. I'll rethink the AliBaba issue. Being a Chinese company isn't the problem - not really having a way to get my money back is. Thanks again.

Curly

You complain to Alibaba and they deal with the problem. Look at their policies and Trade Assurance stuff and you'll see. That's why you deal through them for the protection. ;)

Top Bottom