floating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

hi every one I tried to cast in pr resin and my embedding floats to the top what do you all do to keep our embedding from floating to the top
thanks for all your input

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

Photo's may help us understand..

Wait for the PR to be less runny before pouring it into the mold
well here it is I hope this will help to see what I am talking about

Attachments

• my pens-039.jpg
    my pens-039.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 290

scjohnson243

Hippi, I'm really new at this, but I had problems like this making molds for other things, I think Falcon is correct, wait till your PR starts to thicken up more and then you can kind of "push" the other pieces in and they have a tendency to stay...

(Again, I'm new so i'm sure someone more experienced may have a preferred way for blanks)

rangeric43

what I do when pouring on coffee beans is this. make up extra pr. pour small amount in another cup. catalyze it. pour that amount over coffee beans, just enough to cover beans. when it is thick or even hard put in more coffee beans and repeat process. that way you have consistant color thru your blank.

Harley2001

I put wax paper over mine with a wood block when I pour coffee bean.
I mix the beans right in with the pr the more the better.

JohnU

Colored Plastic Mesh Netting

I use this stuff "Deco Mesh" to wrap around the cutting board mold I made. I use large rubber bands to hold it in place and pour through the mesh. I've also used 1/4" plywood and drilled holes in it and pressed it down on top of the mold. Just make sure the blanks are thicker than needed so you can trim the plywood off the finished blank. When your making blanks like this, be prepared to use more objects than needed in your pour so you can trim the top and bottom to size when finished. When I make acorn cap blanks I fill the mold but trim off a half inch of them sticking out the top of the mold. It allows you to get a constant flow of items through your blank without having a side of just resin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom