Flat Rate boxes ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWine

I've been informed that those "VCR" size boxes are no longer "stocked" at my post office, but I don't see them at the USPS site either!!!

Are these being phased out? I'm puzzled (which won't be surprising to many of you!)

:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Even though they are not flat rate any more, you can stick one in a FR envelope and it will still go for $4.05 regardless of the weight. Only restrictions you cannot use a bunch of tape to reinforce the envelope. You have to be able to close and seal the flap; but once it is closed and sealed, you can add a piece of tape to reinforce the seal/flap. There was a heated discussion about this recently and there are some folks who feel it is illegal or morally wrong to do so; but the PO with rare excepting accepts that method of packaging.

BTW, in case you didn't notice, you can order those boxes from the PO online. The are free and the PO will deliver them to your home without charge.

BigRob777

What Randy said... Also, there is a larger box, that will just nicely fit in an envelope. The boxes are labelled priority mail and flatrate is priority mail, so I use them. I keep a few cases in my office and the free delivery is great. Here's the link:
http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&productId=11643&langId=-1

Merry Christmas,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom