Flat colors for casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctfolmar

I am looking for flat dies to dye resin, but all I see is mica powders. From what I can tell, mica sparkles by its nature. Liquids seem to be translucent. I think I must be missing something. Where do I look to find flat dyes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Oxide or dry pigments like these will give you that

hokie

I am looking for flat dies to dye resin, but all I see is mica powders. From what I can tell, mica sparkles by its nature. Liquids seem to be translucent. I think I must be missing something. Where do I look to find flat dyes?
I think this vendor specializes in the sort of pigments you're looking for... Divine Pigments

Alternatively, you can add a little bit of opaque white pigment from alumilite and then the desired dye to get an opaque version of the dye. I think I saw that trick on Zach Higgins' YouTube channel...

JohnU

You can always get a solid color by adding a little white to the transparent dyes. You will have to add more of the desired color but it will work. Its basically like using Alumilite white, only you don't see the final color mixed with Alu. White until the resin cures because it's clear when mixed and only turns white upon curing.

Top Bottom