Flame Box Elder (Revisited)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

53Jim

Hi gang,
On March 29 I asked a question about Flame Box Elder. I thank those who answered. I did go back and pick up the rest of the wood that showed some flame, brought it home and cut up 2 of the 8 pieces.

Some of the the flaming is only skin deep, but some of the blanks I was able to cut have some awesome coloring. So much so that I took the best looking blank to the nuke oven. On the second time in the oven, I didn't notice that the power dial had slid to HIGH.

Now I know why this stuff is called Flame Box Elder. Boy did I catch hell when the smoke alarms started going off on the main floor.

I really wish I had a stand alone shop. It took almost 4 hours with a fan in the basement window to get the smoke and smell out, but I'm still in the doghouse.

Thanks for reading. When I turn something from this wood, I'll post a picture.

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

When I first took the wood out of the oven it was steaming like crazy. After about 30 seconds the steam turned to smoke, and you could see the wood smoldering. And me being the (part time) idiot that I am, I blew on it and poof. Flaming box elder.

Ron Mc

I'm glad to hear that there is a part time idiot out there! I am a full time idiot and darn proud of it.[:D] Keep striving for the full timer and it will come.[:D]

Texas Taco

Originally posted by 53Jim
<br />When I first took the wood out of the oven it was steaming like crazy. After about 30 seconds the steam turned to smoke, and you could see the wood smoldering. And me being the (part time) idiot that I am, I blew on it and poof. Flaming box elder.

[:D] Now that is funny! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom