First try with Wizard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Simsonicole

Ok everyone...first attempt at making something with the pen wizard...simple piece of Redheart & using a antique gold pigment in expoxy.

Getting the expoxy fill was a very messy experience...so after some advice on how to make it easier and not so messy.

This was just a throw away job to see if I could do it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 570
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Looks very attractive, Nicole !!! What is the pen kit ?

How did you apply the gold epoxy fill ..... with a toothpick or similar ??

Simsonicole

Looks very attractive, Nicole !!! What is the pen kit ?

How did you apply the gold epoxy fill ..... with a toothpick or similar ??

It's just a cheap fountain pen kit. I haven't done the cap yet. It was just a trial run :)

Applying the expoxy was another story! Used a flat head screwdriver like a spatula to fill whilst I had it on the lathe to turn.

Have tasked the hubby with making me a jig up for putting them on to turn & set.

magpens

Nicole,

Can you tell me the name of the kit, if possible, please ... the reason I am curious is that I don't see any threads for the cap to screw onto. So I am thinking it is a snap on cap and I haven't seen any fountain pen kits like that before. Thanks.

Sounds like it was a lengthy task applying the gold-filled epoxy with a screwdriver ! The result looks remarkably good !!

Last edited:

Simsonicole

Nicole,

Can you tell me the name of the kit, if possible, please ... the reason I am curious is that I don't see any threads for the cap to screw onto. So I am thinking it is a snap on cap and I haven't seen any fountain pen kits like that before. Thanks.

Sounds like it was a lengthy task applying the gold-filled epoxy with a screwdriver ! The result looks remarkably good !!

Hi Mal

Yes it is a snap on cap. The kit was just called "Fountain Pen". I brought a pack of 10 for $25 (they were on a clearance) from Carbatec here in Perth when I first started to give me something "cheap" to play around with whilst I was learning. They have a good size section on them to work with on the wizard.

I used a CA finish with a couple of coats of the thicker CA to fill in a few bubble holes from the epoxy. :)

magpens

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for responding. I am following your progress on your Pen Wizard with great interest. I hope you will continue to post pictures and reports of your work. You seem to be advancing quite rapidly. I have access to a Pen Wizard but haven't taken advantage of it yet. I have kept my pen-making fairly simple. Thanks again.

Simsonicole

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for responding. I am following your progress on your Pen Wizard with great interest. I hope you will continue to post pictures and reports of your work. You seem to be advancing quite rapidly. I have access to a Pen Wizard but haven't taken advantage of it yet. I have kept my pen-making fairly simple. Thanks again.

I got mine a few months ago...put off using it till my skill level came up a bit. Slowly taking over more room in the shed :) Finally set it and am fine tuning it. Definitely recommend having a play with one if you have the access. So many possibilities that you can do!

Top Bottom