First Sierra style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jayk1998

jayk1998

Got back into the shop after a few crazy weeks. This was my first attempt at a Sierra style (WSII). Not sure what I think about this kit. I like the size and weight, but I feel like there's too much of the pen that I didn't make.

This is also the first blank that I cut myself from a larger board, lightly figured walnut. Not a huge accomplishment, but something.

aAH7zHV.jpg

C&C welcome... Let me have it.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Good job on it, good fit. I like the Sierra style, try the Le Roi from Smitty sometime or the Liberty from Lazerlinez.com if you like the style.

Your ring is a nice match for the band too:)

BSea

My 1st 2 pens were walnut. Walnut, as you've shown, can be very interesting. Plus, it just looks classy to the average pen user. We here all get kind of desensitized to much of what we consider "normal wood". We forget the feeling of finishing a pen and seeing the grain come alive. Especially after seeing literally thousands of pens shown by the members here made from exotic woods frog ever corner of the world.

Good job! :good:

stonepecker

As far as I can see..........GREAT LOOKING PEN!!!
I 'hear' what you are saying. That is what I like to call the "meat & potatos" type of pen that is going to be easy to sell. I think you shaped it very well and the finish is spot on. The 'grain' is what catches my eye and makes me like that pen alot.

Quality Pen

My 1st 2 pens were walnut. Walnut, as you've shown, can be very interesting. Plus, it just looks classy to the average pen user. We here all get kind of desensitized to much of what we consider "normal wood". We forget the feeling of finishing a pen and seeing the grain come alive. Especially after seeing literally thousands of pens shown by the members here made from exotic woods frog ever corner of the world.

Good job! :good:
much the same here!

Walnut is a very pretty wood! I like your take on being a bit "desensitized" from all these various woods...

When it comes right down to it, this walnut pen is quite striking and far, far more beautiful than what 99% of the world writes with!:biggrin:

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Nicely done. Sierra styles are my best sellers. I usually slim them down a little more than you did but that is purely personal taste. Nice finish on those.

Top Bottom