First segmented pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aredee

This is my first segmented pen. The wood is Gunstock walnut, maple, and cherry. Aluminum and black veneer are the inlays. I had a couple of alignment issues. If you have any suggestions on the pen or photo they would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

Attachments

• Metal seg pen 2.JPG
    Metal seg pen 2.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,637
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

Are the veneer pieces the same width? One on top looks wider than the other. That may be an optical illusion. But, that being said. That is one AWESOME looking pen you have there!

Aredee

No actually that was one of the alignment issues I had. I used Medium ca glue and before I could change it there was a gap,so I had to add more veneer to that section which was not easy. I am going to try epoxy next time.

Jon-wx5nco

You did an outstanding job on that. If it weren't for the face that I have a somewhat mild case of OCD, I would have never caught that.

PenMan1

No actually that was one of the alignment issues I had. I used Medium ca glue and before I could change it there was a gap,so I had to add more veneer to that section which was not easy. I am going to try epoxy next time.

Trying to keep "angle cut" aluminum in place with med CA until you can get it clamped is harder than trying to catch a three-legged chicken. It moves quickly! DAMHIKT:biggrin:

You did a nice job with this one!

Top Bottom