First Recessed Clip Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Papabear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabear

First attempt at recessing a clip and turning carob wood.
Also First Pen for 2007

20071823420_Carob_Sculpted_656.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

I'm afraid I'm not clear on what a recessed clip is either. Do you carve out the wood under the clip body? I thought it was when you sink the clip end into the wood. In either case, it looks nice. I love the clip. Where did you get it?

I understand you won some of my blanks. I've got one in particular that you'll flip over. They should be coming shortly, after I get caught up with my backlog. My back's been ailing all year, so I guess "backlog" had a double meaning for me.[:D]
Rob

Papabear

The original clip for this kit uses a large washer surrounding the hole for the cap stud to fit in. Its an 8mm tube kit. So what I had to do was mill the brass tube down .045" and then create a .333 notch in the side to accomadate the width of the clip band. Thats why I called it recessed. I don't know what other word you would use. The clip is a CSA "24K Jonah clip". I thought that the igsus(sp?) and Carob wood would have nice cannotations together. It was kind of a test to see if my idea would work, and I can clearly see now that it will, so I will be able to complete a custom pencil of this kit for a customer :D

Papabear

no, but I have to take the cap off to better fit the clip anyway as there is a hairline gap right now, so will take a pic then. Expect it in a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom