First Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

In African blackwood. I turned a couple of tubes of Bolivian Rosewood, and it just didn't pass muster for my first Jr. Statesman. This piece of blackwood has a very nice grain. The kit goes well with it, I think. I may just carry this pen till my next craft show at the end of the month!! Comments, critiques welcome. CA/Blo finish. (blo is a poly/blo/tung blend that I did quite some time ago and needed to use up. it seems to cure quicker than a straight ca/blo finish for me.)

20064210111_black1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Dave!

Great Pen! Blackwood is definitely one of my favorites! And that is a pretty awesome picture, too! Blackwood is so dark I have a tough time getting a decent picture of it. Good job!

Scott.

byounghusband

Dave,
That is a sweet looking pen!! [8D]

As the pic was coming up on my monitor, all that was first visible was just above the pen. I thought for sure you were doing a really cool pic of a snakewood pen in a snake cage or something....

Woodnknots

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Yup, that's a nice looking piece of wood. Is that the gold or black ti version?
I'm gonna say black. I'm almost positive that I ordered gold ti, And I was thinking about calling CSUSA to complain, but after waiting over a month for a back order of them, I sure didn't want to do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom