First Houston Bubbasville was a success

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Besides myself, we had five in attendance, Dan (CNC_Maker), Charles and his wife (who is also a pen turns and I apologize I can't remember her name), Verne and Dave (davidrei).
Didn't get started till about 10:30 or 11 this morning. After talking pens for a while, I gave Verne a short demo on sharpening tools with my Wolverine setup. Broke for lunch of grilled burgers and sausage. After lunch I gave a brief verbal tutorial on how I make my cartridge pens followed by a very quick and dirty powder coating demo.
We decided that we would try to have a Houston Bubbasville about once a quarter and in the near future we would try to get together and make it up the Ft Worth for a Bubbasville meeting there.

2006121725524_Bubbas%20001.jpg

L to R: Dave, Dan and Verne

200612172563_Bubbas%20002.jpg

L to R: Charles and his wife, Dave and Verne (back to me).

2006121725640_Bubbas%20003.jpg

L tp R: Charles (setting), Verne and Dave (hiding behind Verne)

Charles is going to post picts he took which should have me in at least one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davidrei

It was indeed a success! Monty and his family were great hosts and provided delicious food to boot! I really enjoyed it and actually learned quite a bit just talking about different techniques. I hope we can get a few more Houston area turners involved on a regular basis.

Thanks Monty for taking the initiative to set this up and for the excellent hospitality!

Verne

I'll second the success of the Houston (Bubbasville Southeast) as being a success. Look forward to more of the same.
If nothing else, go for the food ! It was awesome and Mannie's family were great hosts.
Oh, the powder coating demo, and the sharpening demo, and the new method for a long lasting finish were second to none. Ooops, forgot about the cartridge tutorial.
Later,
Verne

Ron Mc

It looks like Y'all had a great time! I would have loved to have seen the powder coating demo!
I am truly sorry that I couldn't make it. In Jacksonville we had an "incident" with about 6 of the students that I had to assist in resolving and it took till 4:30AM Friday morning.[:(]Thus I got a very late start on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom