First Double Twist Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

This is the first Double twist pen that I've made and thanks to a few members here I was able to find the assembly instructions , but due to my printer acting up , a crutial line from the instructions was un-readable and I screwed up the final assembly on the upper section . After giving it some thought , I made up a dissassembly tool , took it apart and reassembled it properly . It works like a charm now .
It's made from Yellowheart .
I also had to make without having the proper bushings and used the bushings from a perfume pen and a good micrometer .

20041225195510_~MAP0001-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Beatiful pen, and I have question about the yellowheart. I picked up a scrap in the bottom of a truck that was delivering some cabinet wood, but they also sell some exotics. The wood was mostly this same shade of yellow with some grey areas. The wood was really heavy and waxy like cocobola, also turns like cocobola. The guys at the wood place had no idea what it was, but I wonder if it is yellowheart? What do you think?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wish...this is Brazilian goldwood. It is dense and oily, much as you describe. It goes from the color shown to a brilliant yellow on one end of the spectrum to a warm yellow-brown on the other end. You can see the gray streaks in this particular piece. Hope this helps with your ID process.

2004122655616_scan0001.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom