First Day on IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

Thanks to Keith Long I'm onboard and running with my lathe. If it would not have been for Keith I would have invented a new way of turning pens, backwards! :) I thought that Keith had some nice looking pens but "WOW" some of you must make a lot of money on those things you call pens. Well, I'll just start at a crawl then maybe I can get legs like the rest of you and be running by the time I'm 70 or so. Glad to be a member:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

I started in 1974 in MOS 11B and after 3 1/2 years I figured it was time to switch so I crossed over to MOS 27E (Wire Guided Missile System Repaier) Ordnance. By virtue of rank and Army transformation I ended up as a 94Z (Top Dog Missile Reparier, ha).

IPD_Mrs

3-1/2 years as a grunt, you earned your stripes.

13E30 here until I got tired of the politics in 88. Loved Germany, hated NTC and don't miss Riley, KS.

Stick around because it is folks like you that always comes up with a different way of doing things.

ctubbs

Welcome, Gary, from west Kentucky. You have found a great home here. Fear not about anything you turn, for I can guarantee that I have done as bad and most probably worse. You should see my burn pile!
It is people like you that make our country great. Thank you for your service. I was not wanted. 4F
Charles

SGM Retired

I must say this has been a wounderful welcome and I look forward to the friendship and learning new ways to turning pens and such. If you are ever in the Toney Alabama area your welcomed to stop by the shop and sit a spell..

Fred

SMG ... Extremely thankful to you and all US service personnel that put their lives in harms way to protect those of us back home. Thank You, SMG.

OK, now I extend to you my "Welcome to the Forum." If there is anything you need or don't understand about wood working just ask all the questions you need to. Many of these guys and gals around this organization have the knowledge and experience to be of assistance. The price is right as well! :biggrin:

DotDoc

Welcome from an old 31M. Spent my first 6 years and one tour in VN as 11B...got smart switched MOS to 31G...another tour in VN. They never go by name it's always MOS and what is needed...nobody told me that. Retired. Anyway, you have a lot of company here.

Lenny

Welcome Sarge!
When he was active here member Hank Lee used to greet new members by sharing these links. Cathy Sue kept that going for a while as well.
Check out these past posts .. I think you will find them interesting!

very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

for the "lingo" or acronyms that we use regularly:
http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

SGM Retired

I must say Lenny you just read my mind. I was just about to make a post of where is the site for pen turning 101 where I can start crawling and then work up to running. Some of these post are way above my pay grade. I have saved the PDF files and will start reading today. Thanks again for the post...

Top Bottom