First "Chapter" meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

We had the first Chapter meeting tonite and all went well.
There were 11 people there and 1 new member.
The demo started a new theme for our next few meetings. "Back to the Basics". Sometimes we all need a refresher and tonite we looked at blank selection, blank cutting, and options for drilling. This generated a lot of lively discussion based on the various levels of experience. Next month will get into what makes a good pen come together.
Lots of snacks and many good raffle items.
gordon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make meeting tonight, but I've been busy making pens for a show in Dallas next week and making my new display cases and filling them for at work for this Sunday.
Hopefully next months meeting I can make.

Keith "mrburls"

flyitfast

I think that is a great idea Robert, but we would have to have access to WiFi to put it on the screen - or, all gather around a PC screen........
If we can come up a way to access the Net, I'll be happy to do the Demo.
gordon
I didn't know you had been a member for so long? :bananen_smilies104:

How to navigate IAP would make a good demo.

flyitfast

Keith, you were missed!
Hope you have a great show next week. Is it a juried show?
See you in Oct.
gordon

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make meeting tonight, but I've been busy making pens for a show in Dallas next week and making my new display cases and filling them for at work for this Sunday.
Hopefully next months meeting I can make.

Keith "mrburls"

flyitfast

Hi Rick,
I wish I could say yes, but the first Thursday has been our "tradition" for several years. That being said, we have had a couple on Saturday when we have brought in a special demonstrator, and in the future those will be announced in this thread.

We have talked about future planning for some kind of event similar to your successful event earlier this year. Maybe we could have two events a year - one up in your territory and one down here? Great way to satisfy more Texas penturners. Maybe build to an annual penturners get together similar to SWAT? BTW, I hated to miss your event earlier, but had a previous committment. :mad:

Keep in touch and I'll watch the Central Texas forum for your activities. I kinda was part of the Central Tx group when we met at Curtis' place a couple of years ago, and normally keep an eye on what happening.

Thanks for asking about our group.

Gordon

Will you ever have meetings on Saturdays?

Top Bottom