First Celtic Knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bope

Here are my first attempts at celtic knots. The two on the left are at 53 degrees and the one on the right is at 50 degrees. I like 53 better. The inlay is some pickguard material I got from Exotic Blanks. I just used a stop block on my miter gauge. I will now build a sled since they came out better than I thought they would. I also need to build a sled to cut infill material.

Celtic pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Very nice and very precise. 53 degrees is my go to on celtic knots. You even haver a 5 bander in there, impressive.

Bope

Very nice and very precise. 53 degrees is my go to on celtic knots. You even haver a 5 bander in there, impressive.
I was surprised I got the 5 band to come out nice. It was supposed to be 3 band but I was working too fast and after gluing in one section I them cut it out. The 5 band is just a little wider than my saw blade so I had to carefully move the stop block and make 2 cuts per slot. I thought one slot was too big but it came out okay anyway.

KenB259

I was surprised I got the 5 band to come out nice. It was supposed to be 3 band but I was working too fast and after gluing in one section I them cut it out. The 5 band is just a little wider than my saw blade so I had to carefully move the stop block and make 2 cuts per slot. I thought one slot was too big but it came out okay anyway.
It turned out really nice. My personal best is 7 bands, with each band being .014 thick . To my eye, though I think the three bands look the best. Just my taste though.

Alan Morrison

Eric, for your first attempts at 'Celtic Knots' these are excellent.
They always look better with 3 and 5 bands.
I have never tried one with 7 though.
Well done.

Alan

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Eric... Very well done on each. đź‘Ź đź‘Ź While I prefer the first, 5 stripe (well-done), both 3's are excellent - I just admire well executed rings - angled or straight! I will finally add that your rings are well spaced (Top/bottom arc's are in-line; centered triangles are close - perfect is not happening).

Be proud of this trio.

Top Bottom