First bottle stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alparent

Chrome kit from PSI.
Ebony from Wood Turningz.

Notice the nice pouch my wife made for me.
The outside is satin and the inside is velour.
She's great! [:X]:D

Comments???
20065312467_dscf1214s.jpg

200653124625_dscf1215s.jpg

200653124639_dscf1216s.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Nicely done! The ebony is a good choice. What do you think of that kit? I've thought about trying some of them, but I was afraid that the stopper would be really heavy with all the extra metal, and I'm disappointed there isn't more wood.

alparent

I like the kit. The stopper is heavy, but not to heavy! As for more wood, some things look better with alot of wood and some without. I like massive things with simple lines (If I was to post a picture of myself that's exactly what you would get, massive with simple lines. So I guess my wife likes massive things with simple lines also. [:p][:eek:)]) I think this kit looks good. Great to have in your pic-nic basket.

Rifleman1776

I recently made my first bottle stoppers at my son's request. While perusing what styles were available, I found one (forget where, Berea maybe) that proudly proclaimed how heavy it was. Apparently, heavy is considered good for a bottle stopper. Don't ask me why. The combo kit, which you made very nicely, BTW, is a bit pricey. I believe they might be hard to resell. But as gifts and for travel, great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom