First Bash And My Entries.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krudwig

I enjoyed the Birthday Bash and look forward to another. I learned a lot from the trivia and wood id contest and on the 28th day of the trivia I won! I entered 3 pens in three different contest and one photo and I learned that nobody liked my foto or my begginers pen, but my Russ line finished tied for 12th and my intermediate pen finished tied for 7th place. Next year who knows may not get a single vote, but making the pens and showing them is winning right! Anyway thanks for the planners and all the donations maybe next year I can give back something for prize material. I included a picture of my entries below.

Attachments

• Begin 2.jpg
    Begin 2.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 224
  • Russ seg 1.jpg
    Russ seg 1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 208
  • Intermediate 4.jpg
    Intermediate 4.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Shop Life.jpg
    Shop Life.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Larry, your pens look great, fantastic in fact for this being your first bash!!! In my opinion, getting votes is difficult to do with certainty. People vote for the pen that speaks to them, and we all have different tastes. I prefer to put in the pens I am proudest of, and not worry if people vote for them or not. There are often a few very strong entries that speak to the majority of members, or do something unique that catches peoples attention, and that tends to be where the votes go. Some days that will be you, others and probably most days it will not be, but doing your best work is what matters in the end.

Krudwig

Todd, thanks for the kind words and congratulations on your third place! Your pen was unique and very nicely done it deserved to be there! I'm not new to woodworking just pens , my father had a custom cabinet shop and i grew up with a hammer and nail as toys and worked as a cabinet maker many years before becoming a Minister. I like the pens they are challenging and quick to get an end product to admire. I also like the site here it has so much to offer besides the wisdom of many years of wood turners experieces. Again Thanks!

plantman

Larry; You have a great outlook on life. Life is not a test to see who is the best, but a journey that one should enjoy as you travel along it's path. You surly seem to enjoy what you are doing. Your eye for precise cuts and designs is fantastic. Your craftsmanship is unbeatable. Thank you for sharing your works, and I hope to see more of it in the future. Jim S

LouF

Larry excellent work I especially like the first one I would love to turn out quality workmanship like that one day the designs are over the top.

Top Bottom