Fires

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Bay Area where I live 23 days of unhealthy air with temp of 114 has made it a hard go. Not much hope for better things in the next few weeks for lot of our California people.

Bay Area where I live 23 days of unhealthy air with temp of 114 has made it a hard go. Not much hope for better things in the next few weeks for lot of our California people.
I lived in the Bay Area from 1969 until 1980... I do not remember ever hearing of the troubles California is having now.... we did have some drought and a couple of minor earthquakes while there, but I don't remember ever hearing about fires..... there was one in a canyon below my ex-in laws house in Belmont in the early '70s... not all that much of a fire though it did burn a good part of the canyon.
And I don't remember ever seeing temps in the area anywhere near 100 degrees... usually it would be cold even in summer downtown SF.. I do remember going through Sacramento once in a Corvette convertible with my first wife... with no AC, we had to drive a few blocks, stop at a fast food for her to cool down, then go a few more blocks.... the heat really got to her. I did have the top up, but not a lot of help.

Aces-High

I feel so sorry for all the folks, especially in CA. We have had a few bad fires in CO this summer, some are still going even though we got about a foot of snow, yes, snow, on them over the past couple of days.

howsitwork

It's a whole new climate out there folks !

Sending best wishes and sympathies to all affected by either of the current emergencies.
Stay safe and look after your friends and neighbours where verse you can !

Roger Wilco

Thanks for all the kind wishes. I'm in San Gabriel...Southern CA. Near Azusa and the Bobcat fire. Wind patterns have blown the smoke from our Northern neighbors down to us as well. Ash has been falling on our vehicles and in our yards for several days. I live 2 miles from the mountains. Can't even see them today. Seems overcast, but it's not. Smoke is just so thick we can't see the sun except for a weird, orange haze in the sky where the sun should be. The whole area smells like a campfire. It's awful. I'd like to get out to the garage where I've got my shop and do some turning, but my garage is detached and not air conditioned. Air quality is so bad I'm afraid to go out there right now.

CREID

The sky is orange here, and you can literally see the smoke in the air. Looking out the window, things 10 feet away are a different color than normal viewing through cleaner air. The air quality index is 298, considered dangerous and 2 points away from downright hazardous.

I spoke to my daughter in Aptos, near Santa Cruz earlier this morning... she's fine where she lives, but many of her friends have lost their homes... she said the sky yesterday was red and the air quality was very bad. This morning she said there was a thermal layer with the smoke and ash over that so bad she could not tell where the sun was in the sky....

CREID

The winds are supposed to change here in the Pacific Northwest and blow some of this smoke out of here. It will be a relief from the east wind that blew the fires out of control.

PBorowick

I was in the big orange box store today and it was smokey/hazy in there too!
I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me but my daughter's both confirmed that it was smoke....

Top Bottom