Finished up a few today that were in the works

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

I finished up a few pens today that have been in the works because I was applying a CA finish and forced myself to not rush things and let the CA dry for a day or two before sanding and assembling. I had a couple of minor fit issues but all in all I am happy with the results.

Being a bit miserly, I also used what I had left of the cybercell aluminum honeycomb resin blank I used on a Sedona several days ago. I tried to do a simple segment for a Sierra. The cybercell blank came from BearToothWoods. I am pleased with my first segment attempt.

On the Chrome Glacia pen I used a piece of Elm Burl . I got this from an IAP member in Ireland years ago. I am finally using some of my hoarded blanks.

On the Bright Copper Cigar I used some Mimbres Walnut which is a New Mexico species I got from a deadfall in Capitan, NM. It was air dried and has some nice color. This blank had some bug holes I filled . It was an experiment since I have a lot of this material.

On the Chrome Rinehart I used a piece of Koa I got from a golf buddy that was stationed in Hawaii went he was in the Air Force years ago. He gave me a few sections he had leftover from making flag display boxes. I owe him a couple of pens out of the material.

Cybercell1a.jpg Cybercell2a.jpg
ElmBurlGlacia.jpg ElmBurlGlacia1.jpg
MimbresCigar.jpg MimbresCigar1.jpg MimbresCigar2.jpg
KoaRinehart1.jpg KoaRinehart2.jpg KoaRinehart3.jpg KoaRinehart4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad I eliminated the artsy fartsy background I used on the photos I took outside on some recent pens. This was just a quick and dirty way to snap some photos.

Top Bottom