Finish application containers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenTurnerJohn

I have tried to find a suitable container for several finish / sealers that I use but find that the smaller plastic bottles I use slowly deteriorate from the chemicals in the solutions. I've tried tranferring Mylands Sanding Sealer and several of the products from Turner's Magic and the bottles turn a milky white, and get mushy soft. I've poured the solutions back into the original larger metal containers for fear of a "melt down" on the plastic bottles.

My biggest frustration with the original containers is the handling size and the difficulty of opening the cap - almost needing pliers.

I'm thinking a small metal container with an easy pour spout would be best but I can't seem to find any.

Does anyone have a remedy or alternative idea for this challenge?

John
Olathe KS

I keep small quantities of all my finish liquids in these bottles. They are very handy. You don't have to turn them upside down to get the goodies out. Don't even need to pick it up. The spout is so small, you control that by how much you cut off the tip, that even if you leave the spout cap off your contents doesn't evaporate. Just squeeze and it comes out the tip end. You can control the amount by how hard you squeeze. Doesn't waste a lot of finish.

If the bottle has been sitting for some period of time I shake it up and then go to using it. When you squeeze the liquid is drawn off the bottom of the bottle. If the liquid separates into layers, as I have found some of the Mylands products do, you do need to shake before squeezing.

They are designed for wood glue but work for a whole bunch of other things, for me anyway, and they are not expensive. I get mine from Woodcraft but I am sure that others carry the Glu-Bot containers.

200612151841_Glu%20Bot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom