Fenton, Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

My wife and son and I are going to a wedding in Fenton, Michigan on May 27. We arrive on May 26 and leave on May 28. I might have some time on May 27 if there are any wood stores or pen turners in that area. All I know is that its close to Detroit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Well, you have Woodcraft and Rockler in Detroit, actually Sterling Heights and Royal Oak. And then there is Public Lumber, just off I75 and 7 Mile Road. They, at least some years ago, had an excellent supply of high quality lumber. Bought a boatload of QS White Oak there once. At that time they had all types of exotics, even Plywood with Ebony venier.

Trapshooter

If you are on the West side of Detroit, on Ford Road, past Garden City and past Romulus, there is a nice Woodcraft store. It has more stuff than the two I have been to, Dayton and Columbus Ohio.

jscola

Gerry, check out Armstrong Mill Works. They are in Highland Michigan 3039 West Highland Rd. 48357 (248)889-1037 . Fenton is about 20 min. from Highland. They have different types of turning woods there. You might want to call & see what they have & get prices. I'm going north that weekend , or I'd like to meet up with you. Joe

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Trapshooter
<br />If you are on the West side of Detroit, on Ford Road, past Garden City and past Romulus, there is a nice Woodcraft store. It has more stuff than the two I have been to, Dayton and Columbus Ohio.

The Woodcraft is actually in Canton, and is the best Woodcraft store I have ever seen. Well worth a visit.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />You'll be 90 minutes away from the Lee Valley store in London Ontario..

[:D][:D][:D]

Yeah, right! Only if you fly deep, I think its more than 2 -2 1/2 hours. And you could visit Oneway, they just 30 minutes from London in Stratford.

Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />
Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />You'll be 90 minutes away from the Lee Valley store in London Ontario..

[:D][:D][:D]

Yeah, right! Only if you fly deep, I think its more than 2 -2 1/2 hours. And you could visit Oneway, they just 30 minutes from London in Stratford.

LOL, Yeah Rudy, I forgot, if you drive the posted speeds it's longer...up here the speed limit is more like an estimate than the law (most people drive 120km/h + here).... I make Detroit in 3 hours from Oakville, London is half way.
[:)]

jahlg

Hey welcome to your trip to Michigan!! I am about 40 minutes south of Fenton, The problem being my wife works midnights and will be asleep above my shop, so turnings are off limits during the day while she sleeps!! Only get to work in the evenings when she is at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom