Favorite Holiday treats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

This time of year is great. We work in the kitchen at night together and make treats that we share with Family, Friends, Coworkers, Kids teachers & neighbors. It is making memories that will last a lifetime. Here are a couple of treats we make that I would like to share.

1. Oreo Balls
1 Bag Oreos
1 Package Bark Chocolate
1 8oz Cream Cheese (its the holidays use the real stuff)

Pour the oreos in a 1gal ziploc and beat them down to crumbs. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave in a large bowl and mix the oreos in, yes that is enough cream cheese just keep mixing. Place in the refigerator or freezer to stiffen up. Once stiff Melt the chocolate per the instructions careful not to scorch it (that stinks) roll the oreo mix into .75"-1" balls and drop it in the chocolate, roll to cover and dig it out w/ a pair of tongs. Place on wax paper or foil to dry (we sprinkle ours with cake sprinkles)

Word of caution. NO WATER AROUND THE BARK CHOCOLATE it will harden up and be ruined

2. Ritz Peanut butter cookies.
1 Box Ritz
1 Tub Peanut Butter
More Bark Chocolate

Take a dab of Peanut butter and place it on a Ritz, press another on top. It is easier if you do the entire box before you dip them. Take the sandwich and throw it in the chocolate place on Foil and decorate to your likes.

Tip: Have some nuts or ceral or pretzles handy so when you are done toss them in the remaining chocolate and make some chocolate covered anything. I wanted to do Bacon but SWMBO said hell no.....maybe next year.

3. Cheese ball
12oz Cream Cheese
2 oz Bleu Cheeze
2 tbls dried minced onion

Mix it all together and form a ball. Roll it in Crushed Pecans and wrap it in plastic wrap in stick it in the fridge to stiffen. Serve w/ your favorite crackers.

These are just some of our favorites and have become a staple at Holiday get togethers.

Thanks for reading. Please oh please be safe and be smart this Holiday season. A $50 cab ride is about $4950 cheaper than the potential alternative.

God Bless and Merry Christmas my new found friends.

Top Bottom