Father's Day Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike P

Mike P

This is one I made for my dad for Father's Day. I used a poplar blank that I turned down below the bushings. I had my 3 year old daughter paint the wood with paint markers, then I put on a CA finish. My daughter was so excited to give it to him on father's day and was explaining to him how "dad made the wood skinny and I painted it!" She was so proud of her work!
IMG_3223.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

Hey Mike,

That is a really cool pen!! It looks great. I am sure it will be treasured by your dad forever. What a great way to bond with your daughter. Thank you for sharing.

Kenny Durrant

Very nice work on both parts. I've seen art work that looked just like that sell for thousands of dollars. You need to tell "Dad" to be sure to hang onto it.

magpens

Beaut !!!

I can imagine the thrill of your daughter in helping to make and give this gift for her Grandpa !!!

MelaniePayne

Awesome idea. I've always dreamed of making something with my daughter. But unfortunately, I missed the moment before I knew it, she's already a grown up living her own life. I envy you for having such a great and cherished memories. I'm sure it's something like family relics that most of us long lost. The only thing I have is a house number signs created from a sketch from our old family home. Sketches were made by my daughter, she really used to love visiting that house and spending time with her late grandparents. I hope at least my grandkids will be more open to spend time with.

Top Bottom